Welcome to the Momence Park District
The Momence Park District operates five facilities within the boundaries of Momence, IL. Each facility is unique and provides the residents of Momence, Illinois and surrounding communities with opportunities to play, learn and relax!
The park office is located at Island Park, which offers a one-of-a-kind location featuring acres of wooded beauty and wildlife. The Kanakee river runs on both sides of the Park. Island Park offers room to roam, picnic, fish and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Kankakee River. Many special events and activities are held here throughout the year.
Additional Parks include historic Walnut Street Park, Island View Park, Jed & Emma Park and Boat Launch Park.
About our Parks.
Park rules apply at all locations
1. NO Drugs/Alcohol Use On Park Property
2. Please, No Driving/Parking On Grass
3. PLEASE Place Trash In Designated Containers
4. NO Glass Bottles/Containers On Park Property
5. NO Swimming/Diving On Park Property
6. NO Loud Stereo Use On Park Property
7. There is NO Camping On Park Property
8. NO Hunting/Firearm Use On Park Property
9.. NO Open Fires On Park Property Grilling Allowed By Permit Only Permits available from Park Staff
10. Groups Over 15 Require a Park Permit
11. Illinois State Fishing License Required
12. ILDNR Regulations Apply On Park Property